About Nelson Laboratories
Nelson Laboratories, a business unit of Sterigenics International LLC, is a leading provider of microbiological testing and consulting services for MedTech companies. We know that every test matters and requires solutions that improve patient outcomes and minimize client risk. We call it “The Science of Success®.” It means working with customers to solve complex problems, providing precise test results, and delivering value through superior testing solutions and service to ensure the safety and efficacy of every product.
Nelson Laboratories has been acquired by Sterigenics International LLC, the leading global provider of contract sterilization, gamma technologies and medical isotopes, and a portfolio company of Warburg Pincus and GTCR.
- Biocompatibility Testing
- EO Sterilization Validations
- Radiation Sterilization Validation
- Packaging Validations
- Cleaning Validations of Reusable Medical Devices
- Disinfectant Testing
- Filter Challenge/Sterilization
- Steam Sterilization
- Microbial Identifications
- We help our clients at every phase of the product life cycle.
Why Choose Nelson Laboratories
Every year, hundreds of medical device, pharmaceutical, and natural product companies make Nelson Labs their testing laboratory of choice. For them, the decision is easy. Nelson Labs is a clear leader in the microbiology testing industry, offering more than 400 laboratory tests and employing more than 500 scientists and staff in state-of-the-art facilities. We are known for exceptional quality and rigorous testing standards, but it’s our focus on the bigger picture that sets us apart. It’s what we call The Science of Success™. It’s looking beyond test results and partnering with you to achieve your long-term business goals—mitigating risk, being first to market, and succeeding with your customers.
Companies choose Nelson Laboratories for our:
- Thought leaders and approachable experts. We give you direct access to industry authorities who understand your business and add value every step of the way.
- Customer-centric culture. We take the time to understand your vision. Your goals become our goals.
- Real-time project management tools and a dedicated client portal. We provide proactive information, keeping you informed and in control.
- Metric-driven testing processes. We're our own toughest customer, holding ourselves to goals exceeding 99% for things that matter most to you, like quality, turn-around time, and testing accuracy.
- Global compliance expertise and support. We act as a trusted advisor, helping you navigate the ever-changing compliance landscape.
1985 by Dr. Jerry R. Nelson and Lynda S. Nelson
500+ with more than 300 scientists
60+ registered and specialist microbiologists (NRCM)
128,400 sq. ft. (five buildings)
Custom-built 3,000 sq. ft. cleanroom
Salt Lake City, UT
More than 400 microbiological and analytical tests
- Committee Memberships:
ASTM, ISO, AAMI, ANSI, IEST, PDA, AATB, and more
Nelson Laboratories is FDA registered and third-party accredited to ISO 17025 standards (ANAB).
Nelson Laboratories is a GLP, GMP, and GTP facility.
Want to visit us? We welcome our clients on a daily basis, whether you are coming for an audit or just to observe testing. We are also happy to help in finding accommodations and directions to and from Nelson Laboratories. And of course, while you are in our neighborhood, we'd love for you to experience some of the reasons we call the Salt Lake Valley home.
We provide on-demand interpretation services in 25 languages, as well as scheduled interpretation services in 87 additional languages. It is our hope that you will allow us to eliminate the constraint of differing languages and truly experience "The Science of Success™." Please contact Global Sales for more assistance.
Nelson Laboratories Holiday Schedule
New Years Day – January 1, 2016
Presidents Day – February 15, 2016
Memorial Day – May 30, 2016
Independence Day – July 4, 2016
Labor Day – September 5, 2016
Thanksgiving Day – November 24 – 25, 2016
Christmas Eve - December 23, 2016
Christmas Day - December 26, 2016