Nelson Laboratories is proud to serve clients worldwide. As such, Nelson Laboratories offers on-demand interpretation services in 25 languages, as well as scheduled interpretation services in 87 additional languages. It is our hope that you will allow us to eliminate the constraint of differing languages. Please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Shipping Tips for Interational Shipments to U.S. FacilitiesIn our experience, international shipments may be held in U.S. Customs for a variety of reasons. To help limit Customs delays, we have a few recommendations:
- Regardless of what you are shipping or from where you are shipping, you must include a Commercial Invoice or Pro Forma Invoice to pass through Customs. Providing the following information on your Commercial or Pro Forma Invoice may prevent further delays should your shipment be held in Customs:
- Your company contact information: address, phone number, and email address for point of contact who can answer questions regarding the shipment.
- The name and full address, including country of origin, of the product manufacturer.
- A detailed description of the items being shipped. One line for each item or product type,including quantities, and the estimated value of each item. The more descriptive the better.
- The product's Medical Device Listing (MDL) or 501(k) number. If the product does not have an MDL or 501(k) number please state,"Samples not marketed in the U.S."
- The Harmonized Tariff Code.
- The FDA Product Code.
- The FDA Registration Number. If you are not registered with the FDA please state, "Do not have an FDA registration number."
- Your Employer Identification Number (EIN): If you do not have an EIN please state, "Do not have an EIN number.
- Disclose that your samples are for testing purposes only. For example, "Test articles for research.Assigned value provided for Customs purposes only.Product has no commercial value, and no clinical application."
- Provide instructions for either the disposal or return of test samples. For example, "Samples will be disposed of following testing. Or "Samples will be returned to manufacturer following testing.
- Reference International Commercial Term (lncoterm) and Delivery Duty Paid (DDP). You should also include a statement that all U.S. and international Customs fees, taxes, tariffs, and related costs are your company's responsibility.
- Include three copies of the following executed documents in your shipment:
- Commercial or Pro Forma Invoice
- Packing list
- Certificate of Origin
- Nelson Labs Sample Submission Form
- Whenever possible, please ship samples using one of the three main U.S. carriers: FedEx, UPS, or DHL. These carriers have agents who specialize in international shipments and have the expertise to guide you through both preparing your shipment and completing the required international shipping documentation.
Please click here for a print-friendly version of this page.